Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company
93720025

I have an Epson xp-420

Customer Question

I have an Epson xp-420. I am having trouble getting the printer to read the ink. I have put in new Epson cartridges but still does not work. I have had this wireless printer only 5 months.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am Rylan and am happy to assist you with your problem. Says that you just replaced the ink with new cartridges and suddenly the printer does not work. Does it give you an error about not detecting the ink or does it print blank pages?
The first step will be to remove both cartridges, confirm that the tape that was on the ink was fully removed. There is a piece of tape that comes on the ink that sometimes breaks while removing it. If a small piece is still there, it can impact the communication. Then put both of them back in the printer, and turn it off/on.