Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Greetings, W have a Brother MFC - 7362N machine.We have changed

Customer Question

Greetings,
W have a Brother MFC - 7362N machine.We have changed the drum and the toner and followed the instructions regarding pressing clear, waiting for 'acceptance', and then closing front cover.
The machine then makes promising noises, but then a notice comes up and says 'eplace the drum'
What are we doing wrong??
Thanks,
Beth
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. First of all, try turning the power Off, wait 15 minutes to allow the machine to cool, then turn it On again.
Then if the error message persists, see if there is spilled toner in the machine, and perhaps it is on the contacts that 'recognize' the new drum. Is the new drum really new? is it a genuine OEM Brother-made drum? (it should be.)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
need to talk to someone . Is this possible
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)Make a Live Phone Call Request, using your customer controls, and someone else can take up the case and call you. Enter your phone # ***** the Live Phone Call request, and your number will not be posted. And will be private that way. Thanks.