John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a HP 6520 PhotoSmart Printer. It has been working fine.

Customer Question

I have a HP 6520 PhotoSmart Printer. It has been working fine. THe black cartridge was printing perfectly. I replaced it and now black does not print. I installed the correct HP replacement cartridge. What is the solution ot my problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon ().Touch Tools, and then touch Estimated Ink Levels. The control panel displays the estimated ink levels.Figure : Example of estimated ink levelsIf none of the cartridges are low on ink, you do not need to replace them yet.
Expert:  Michelle replied 6 months ago.
Check for orange tape packaging tape before installing it on the print head.