Rylan Sharpe
Rylan Sharpe, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager at an International Company

I have a magicolor 4690mf and the front door won't stay closed.

Customer Question

I have a magicolor 4690mf and the front door won't stay closed. What is it's latching mechanism and how can I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Rylan Sharpe replied 5 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I have many years of experience in IT. I am happy to assist you today with your concern.
When the door is open, do you get an error stating that the door is open, meaning that the printer detects that it is open?
When looking at the open door, there is a piece of plastic that catches the lip inside of the printer to hold it in place. You should notice if this piece of plastic is either broken off or severely bent, so it does not make contact like it should. If you notice that, I suggest replacing the door to the printer. If this is not the case, then the part on the inside of the printer which catches the door is the broken part, which would be more difficult to fix. At that point, you will have the make the decision if it is worth fixing or just continue using tape or something else to hold the door closed. The other option is to check if it is under warranty to see if Konika Minolta will replace it for free.