Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years

I just bought a pixma ip7220 and unboxed it remove all the

Customer Question

i just bought a pixma ip7220 and unboxed it remove all the stickers and powered it on. the next step is supposed to be putting the ink tanksi in but when i power on, they move around inside a little then the yellow warning light turns on. i tried putting a tank in then, but it oesnt light up. how do I fix this so I can finish setting up the printer. i had an mg 7220 before and never had such issues. help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
same results, it moves the ink cartridges back and forth before switching to altrernating flashing power an warning lights(the printer was unplugged from the socket over an hour before i plugged it back in again
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksWhen it starts flashing, try to move the print head with your hand in the event it is getting jammed.Does it move after doing this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it moves freely. it stops either to the left or to theright side. ive worked with other canon printers, never seen this before. I literally unboxxed it and removed all the stickers an powere it on. when i try to put an ink tank in it does not light up
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksIt is a hardware fault, either the mainboard or the drive motor is failing. Based on what you are describing and the fact it moves freely it points to the chipset on the mainboard not functioning, so the firmware is not completing its load and it cannot finish the initialization procedure.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer and they will test the board and replace it. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you