Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Hl 2130 mono laser printer still displays the empty

Customer Question

hi, my Hl 2130 mono laser printer still displays the empty toner light even though I have correctly installed a new toner cartridge. This happened once before and a technician was able to talk me through resetting it , on the telephone. I can't find a number this time. Can You help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.Turn the printer off.Hold the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) while turning the printer on. Three panel lights should now be on.Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) twice.Pause. All panel lights should be on.Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times. The toner light should be off (the error light may be flashing). The paper light should be on or flashing.Close the cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer now shows ready, but it hasn't printed my request. Please ignore the request for you to fix it remotely for me. The extra cost would be more than a new printer.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
remove the existing print job from the queue and i can give you a discounted rate for remote assistance if you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to remove print jobs from the queue and I think $34 is sufficient to fix this small problem, which I was talked through for free the last time
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you can remove the print jobs from the print queue.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you've printed something by mistake, you can cancel it, even if printing has already started.To cancel printing an individual documentOpen Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.Click your printer's icon, and then click See what's printing on the command bar.Right-click the document waiting to be printed, click Cancel, and then click Yes to confirm.To cancel all printingTo cancel all documents waiting to be printed, you must have permission to manage documents on the printer.Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.Click your printer's icon, and then click See what's printing on the command bar.Click the Printer menu, click Cancel All Documents, and then click Yes to confirm. The item currently printing might finish, but the remaining items will be canceled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no items in queue now. Computer tells me printer is offline . Is this the problem? How do I correct it?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Check the usb cable connected fine on th printer and then computer end and then power off and on the printer and then try to print.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cheers michelle. All good now. The naughty brother is reformed and doing as it is told. Thankyou.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I see you are offline after putting on so much of effort an work and printer is fixed and ready to print good prints. I would really appropriate if you could rate me for my service and positive output.