Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

There! I have a canon MP 620 that is not printing good.

Customer Question

Hi there!
I have a canon MP 620 that is not printing good. My ink is new and full. When I send something to print the pages are blank or looks like faint lines. I've realigned as well as did a cleaning maintenance. Is there anything else I can do. This printer usually works great. I am using a Mac with a USB cord for printing. Any help or suggestions would be great!
Thanks,
Katie
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.how old is the printer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure. Canon MP 620.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
sill just an idea may be about 2 or 3 years or may be more than that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
More than two to three years old. Has to be at least 6 years old
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for confirming this. Normally what happens is that an ink jet printers print head life is not more than 3 to max 3 years as its a consumable part and in this case before i would ask you to replace the head i want you to remove the ink cartridges and keep them in a sealed tight jar as we work on the print head.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know what my options are?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
you have got 2 options 1. remove the ink cartridges and make the print head empty and then lift the grey latch which is securing the print head will release it from the original position.clean the print head under warn running tap water till all the ink is gone do not use brush or anything to scratch the print head net you will see. Just try to pour some alcohol may be scotch whickey few drops on each head and leave it for 2 mins and then again rinse it with tap water till you see there is no ink flowing in from the head.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Let the head be dried up first you may use a hair dryer light head to dry up the water in the head. Dry up all Electornics contact points before inserting it back.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
2. Put all the ink tanks back and run a one time print allignment and print head cleaning may be 2 times and still if you do not get satisfactory printout its time for you to get a new print head.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
New print head can be ordered online.http://www.ebay.com/itm/QY6-0073-Printhead-For-Canon-iP3600-iP3680-MP540-MP560-MP568-MP620-MX860-MX868-M-/300958175490 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Printhead-Printer-Print-Head-QY6-0073-for-Canon-IP3600-MP540-MP550-MP620-MX860-/400978436939
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.