Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I replaced the ink cartridge on my brother 1450 mc fax but

Customer Question

I replaced the ink cartridge on my brother 1450 mc fax but now it will not print out a copy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
windows 8
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the problem is not with my computer it's with my stand alone fax . my fax is a brother 1450 MC
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Allright. Can you refer to page 166 in your manual, where it shows you how to open the machine and clean the printhead. If you dont have the manual you can view it here http://www.manualslib.com/manual/476108/Brother-Intellifax-1350m.html?page=166#manual After youve cleaned the printhead.. Unplug the machine and plug it back in and try to print a test page.. What happens? Do you get ink on paper now? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no I don't get any ink on the page.I unpluged my fax and reset everything,cleaned the print head and it still won't print
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Question, was the machine printing to paper before you replaced the cartridge? If you still have the old cartridge and we insert it, will the old cartridge print?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dustin, I replaced the old cartridge because the cartridge was old and the ink was to light .I trashed the old cartridge. the new cartridge is still not printing. I've never had this problem changing a cartridge!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
It possible you have a bad cartridge.. Especially if the cartridge had sat in storage on on a shelf for a while. If you just purchased the cartridge, Id consider replacing it with a genuine brother cartridge. http://amzn.to/1VV7UsX
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cartridge is new and it is a brother cartridge