Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My HP 6830 printer has worked fine before. I just installed

Customer Question

My HP 6830 printer has worked fine before.
I just installed a new set of ink cartiages, now it will only print test messages, but not print from print e-mail messages.
Also it will not scan anymore.
What happened and how can I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HP Windows7
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. And would you like me to try and guide you through the repair process by written communication? Or would you prefer to have me connect and fix the issue directly via a secure remote ( screen sharing ) session. Thank you for your reply, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A writen step by step would be appreciated
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes a written step by step would be appreciated.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Ok, first click the start button on your computer, then click devices and printers. Then, right click and delete any copy of your hp 6840 printer. Once deleted.. Go to this link next and download t he full featured software and driver package Once downloaded, open that package and run it.. This will reinstall the printer and its software. Once complete, try to print again. If its still not working let me know, and if it is working please remember to return here and click and submit a rating to show that I was able to assist you. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I followed your instructions and downloaded the program.
But it still will not print from my Windows Live Mail messages ,nor scan any documents.
What has is wrong and how can yu fix it?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, by the time you responded over an hour later, it was well past the end of my shift. Im sending this message before I turn in for the night.. It might be best if we connect via a secure remote session so I can fix this issue in person. If that something youd like to try, I will be working from 11 am till 8 pm Monday through Friday. Dustin S.