Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

JA: . How can we help? Customer: i have a canon w8400

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: i have a canon w8400 and i need to change the printhead but i cannot get bye the message 0157.can you help
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i just need to get past the error in order for me to get into mantinence
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the machine first? If not, attempt to update the firmware and then you should be able to bypass the error and remove and replace the printhead. The link above should help get you through the firmware update process. Once complete, you should be able to replace the printhead. If you need a new printhead, Amazon has about the best price for genuine canon printheads, and definitely the fastest shipping. If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi dustin
sorry i have not been back to you but i am out sick at the moment.i have tried to do all you have asked and still no response.the problem seems to be that when i update the firmware the printer is not online as the error is constantly on the screen
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Did you have the printer connected directly to the computer via a usb cord when you attempted to update the firmware?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi dustin
yes i had the printer connected to the computer via a usb
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am in ireland so if you could give me a good time to contact you