Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Ink systems failure on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 replaced

Customer Question

ink systems failure on my HP Officejet Pro 8600 replaced all ink cartriges shut printer off then on several times tells me to contact you any help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. The problem you are facing is caused due to a defective or dirty printhead. The last solution for this problem is replacing the printhead, but before that you can remove the printhead from the printer then, clean the gold contacts on it with a cotton swab and IP alcohol. Then reseat the printhead and check the result, if the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. You can follow the steps below to remove the printhead from the printer. Follow these steps to remove the cartridges and the printhead.Load unused, plain white paper in the input tray.Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.Slip your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull forward to open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the left side of the printer. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent. Lift the latch handle on the carriage.Grasp the sides of the printhead, and then lift the printhead and pull it towards you to remove it. note:Do not remove the cartridges from the printhead. You can safely remove the printhead with all of the cartridges inserted.