Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I changed wireless routers and now I can not get my mg3500

Customer Question

I changed wireless routers and now I can not get my mg3500 printer to print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 6 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Yes, you need to update the wireless settings on your printer (join the printer to your new WiFi network). There are two ways to connect the printer to your WiFi network. One is by connecting to the WiFi on the printer itself and the other is by using your computer to setup Wireless on your printer. Method 1 (on Printer itself using WPS): Press and hold down the WiFi button on your printer for 3-5 seconds and the LED will start flashing. This means the printer is in pairing mode. Now on your new wireless router/modem, press the WPS button (a button with two arrow like picture) and they will be paired. Method 2 (using your computer): On your computer, go to this website --> Download Now button. This will download the printer software. Open the downloaded printer software and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. At the end of installation it will ask you to setup Wireless connection (to setup wireless you need to connect the printer to your computer with the USB cable) If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.