Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

I bought a PX730WD 1 year and a half ago. There was a

Customer Question

I bought a PX730WD 1 year and a half ago. There was a bargain on it.
In the mean time I continued to use my old SX130 because I had several Ink cartriges in advance and I don't print so much.
So came the time to power up the PX730WD, and it began with a simple pb, but none of the regular trials concerning cleaning heads, changing cartridges, power-it off and on, and .... etc .... could solve the problem.
You say that there is a cleaning kit obtainable through a link, but the link is broken.
May I have the reference, so I can buy it here ? (I am from Paris in France; I know there is a Paris in United States :-)
Thanks a lot for your help,
Guy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hello,To perform a deep clean on the PX730WD you can use the following kit:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNBLOCK-PRINTER-FLUID-KIT-CLEANING-INKJET-EPSON-AND-CANON-PRINT-HEAD-NOZZLES-/172154296356
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the reference.
May I say that I realized suddenly that the printer beeing brand new (even if stayed 1.5 year in a dry and safe place), it may not be durty on the head's side. I don't know if cleaning something already clean may be sufficient.
What can be the next step ?
Thanks for helping
If the printer has never been used then have you tried using fresh ink cartridges? If the ink cartridges were old, even if they were in their sealed packages, they may have dried up.
If the printer itself does have a fault, please note that it is under a 2 year warranty in the EU.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have changed the whole set of cartridges, and I am only able to print red (or pink) and blue color.
Ok, then the printer has something wrong internally. Is this the first time you have inserted cartridges into it?
If cartridges were inserted previously then it could have a blockage, even though it has never been used to print.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can add that the printer itself has no fault indicator, and that checking cartridges levels shows them full.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, it is the first time, as I took it out of the box.
Ok, then if it won't print after several attempts your best option would be to return it to the retailer if it was purchased in the EU, since it is still within the 2 year warranty period.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A whole bench of Epson utilitys and drivers went up automatically just 5 mn ago.
The entire procedure is running.
Please stay tuned :-)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It say that even the microcode will be updated.
20 mn to wait .........
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, nothing happened positive.
Looking on the Net, missing colors or blank B&W pages can be solved by printing until the head lets ink go through.
Ultimatly, a solution of isopropyl alcohol mixed with multi-task windex or similar can be the solution. I will test those solution tomorrow as it is the evening here.
So, I am a little bit mixed, as I am in the middle of the river (or 3/4).
What do you think ?
You can try the cleaning with isopropyl alcohol solution, however it should not be necessary if the printer is new and unused.But of course it is worth a shot :)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well, I will bring the printer back to the seller.
Now we must close the ticket.
I think I spent time by my own printing 10's of pages to try to solve the issue (and the head :-)
Is it worth the 35$ ticket ?
I don't know ... I feel with a mixed opinion.
What do you think ?
Hi,I am a user of this site, just like you, so I have no control over the payments.I receive a portion of your payment for my time.Do bear in mind that if you need me again you can reply back on this thread for no additional charge :)Pete.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, this is the game.
Have a nice day !
Guy
Hi,Just following up on your question - is there anything else I can help you with?Pete.