WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have had a Lexmark C543 printer 4 years. Its usage

Customer Question

I have had a Lexmark C543 printer for about 4 years. Its usage has been light and it has been very reliable until recently. Now response is very slow, hours to print a couple of pages. I ran smc from the Status Center and it reports that it could not get a bidirectional channel to the printer. I have reseated the connection cable and tried multiple usb ports with the same results. What should I check next?
Thanks,
Mack Elrod
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 12 months ago.
Hi, I can help with the printer issue.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 12 months ago.
It could be there is an hardware issue with the printer and will need to be replaced with a new one.The only thing to try is reset the DPI (resolution) printing option. Follow these steps to see if it helps:1. Power off the printer and then back and clear any print jobs waiting to be printed.2. Press the Menu button.3. Press the Left or Right Arrow button until Settings appears. Press the button.4. Press the Left or Right Arrow button until Quality Menu appears. Press the button.5. Press the Left or Right Arrow button until Print Resolution appears. Press the button.6. Press the Left or Right Arrow button until 4800 CQ appears. Press the button.7. Press the button until the printer displays Ready.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 12 months ago.
Let me know if those steps helped. Thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is the power o
I have finished the sequence you sent. It did not correct the problem.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello, are we still connected?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello WesPCDr,Ten minutes have passed since I replied that I completed the sequence of steps and that the problem is not solved. Are you still there?Mack
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My problem is not solved. I have waited for over 15 minutes for additional response. I am definitely not satisfied with this service.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 12 months ago.
Sorry to hear that the issue is not resolved.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 12 months ago.
This means that there is a hardware problem since the steps did not fix the issue.Cost to repair the printer would be more than the price for a new printer. Unfortunately, this means a new printer would be the best choice next.