VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

Epson Workforce WF-3640 Printer error - Error Code: Ox9A? I

Customer Question

Epson Workforce WF-3640
Printer error - Error Code: Ox9A?
I have turned off the printer but it has not helped.
What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue, please follow the steps below to see if they resolve the error. If not, just let me know. First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 15 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 90+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 90 seconds after, then release
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My printer still does not work. Do not want to be charged for instructions that do not work.
Thank you,
Hi, this is a place where we present you more then one solution to your issue. Do you wish to continue?