VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.

Is this a free service? JA: The Printer Technician's require

Customer Question

hi, is this a free service?
JA: The Printer Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: how much does it cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: okay, but first i want to know if you have the solution to this problem. i actually had this problem before and fixed it but don't remember how it did it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: okay what do i need to do to make payment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you don't even know what the problem is with my printer!! how can you answer it?
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Do you need assistance with an issue?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes. i have a Brother HL4070CDW printer. i keep getting an error code of Paper Jam Tray 1. I had this problem once before and it wasn't a paper jam at all. i fixed it but can't remember exactly how. what happens is that the paper passes under a sensor. The sensor has a small pad on the back which gets sticky over time. when the paper passes through the sensor and lifts it, the sticky part of the pad attaches to another piece and won't go back into its normal position. I just don't remember where i find the sticky pad to clean it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
anybody there
Yes, give me a few moment for steps to follow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sure, just wanted to know that someone was looking at it
Hello, yup I am here until 12 AM. Please follow the steps below: When a paper jam occurs inside the MP tray, follow these steps: 1. Remove the paper from the MP tray.2. Remove any jammed paper from in and around the MP Tray.3. Fan the paper stack, and then put it back in the MP tray.4. When loading paper in the MP tray, make sure that the paper stays under the maximum paper height guides on both sides of the tray.5. If the printer does not automatically start printing, press Go.
How old id your Printer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this has absolutely nothing to do with the paper tray and how the paper sits in it. I've tried what you told me 20 times already. the problem is a stuck sensor. If you aren't familiar with this problem, thats fine just tell me and i'll find another way to fix it
Now if the JAM is inside of the Paper Tray, please follow these steps: 1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.2. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.3. Put paper below the maximum paper mark. While pressing the green paper-guide release lever, slide the paper guides to fit the paper size. Make sure that the guides are firmly in the slots.4. Put the paper tray firmly back in the printer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the printer is about 8 years old
I am very familiar with this issue and with the said printer. When the JAM keeps happening in the same area over and over. It more than likely means there is a Roller issue. Meaning, due to the age of your Printer the Rollers need to be cleaned, reconditioned or replaced.
Can you see your Rollers Sir or Madam?
Well, you would need to remove the Paper Tray and flip the Printer over to see the Rollers clearly... If you look, do you see little bits of paper, are they dried and cracked or are they worn down?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its Mark, and yes i can see the rollers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay just a minute
Ok kind Sir...
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont see any bits of paper
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay this online process isn't working. thanks anyways
Please note that I did ask about the physical appearance of the Rollers also...
Would you prefer to work with another Professional Sir?