VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Canon MG 5320 Printer and when it prints a one page

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG 5320 Printer and when it prints a one page document, the entire page comes out blank. The printer head is functioning correctly as you can hear it going back and forth, all ink cartridges are full; and I've run all the cleaning, maintenance and service suggestions that are on the printer's Setup screens. I've also re-ran the Canon Set up CD again and have restarted my computer, I have double checked the connections to the Desk top computer and all appear to be good. Have tried printing a one page document again and it still comes out blank. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. I need to know a few things for better support of you and your issue. So, it prints one page properly and then it prints the rest of the document is "BLANK"?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, the first page printed comes out blank and all subsequent pages after that are blank as well.
OK, please give me a few moments for some steps to follow.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I do not want you to remotely connect to my device.
Please see my above comments Sir or Madam. I at no time stated any thing about connecting to you remotely. I said steps for you to follow.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My screen shows a request to connect to my device and that's what I responded to . I will wait for your steps for me to follow
Oh, that is from JA Sir or Madam. Not sent by me. Sorry for the confusion.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to sign off, have to be at a noon appt.
Please follow these steps: You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paperMake sure that the power is turned on. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette. Open the paper output tray gently, and open the output tray extension.Print the nozzle check pattern. Select Setup on the HOME screen.The setup menu screen will appear.Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.The Maintenance screen will appear.Select Print nozzle check pattern, then press the OK button.The confirmation screen will appear. (4) Select Yes, then press the OK button.The nozzle check pattern will be printed and two pattern confirmation screens will appear on the LCD. Examine the nozzle check pattern.Examine the nozzle check pattern, and clean the print head if necessary.Check if there are missing lines in the pattern or horizontal white streaks in the pattern.If so please do the following:Select the pattern that is closer to the printed nozzle check pattern on the confirmation screen.For (A) (no missing lines or no horizontal white streaks) in the pattern (1) and pattern (2):The cleaning is not required. Select All A, then press the OK button.Confirm the message, then press the OK button.The screen will return to the Maintenance screen. Note:* Press the HOME button to exit Setup and display the HOME screen. For (B) (lines are missing or horizontal white streaks are present) in the pattern (1) or pattern (2), or in the pattern (1) and pattern (2):The cleaning is required. Select Also B, then press the OK button.The cleaning confirmation screen will appear. (2) Select Yes, then press the OK button.The machine starts cleaning the print head. [ Print Head Cleaning ] Note:* The total number of sheets printed so far is shown in increments of 50 sheets on the printout of the nozzle check pattern. Print Head CleaningClean the print head if lines are missing or if horizontal white streaks are present in the printed nozzle check pattern. Cleaning unclogs the nozzles and restores the print head condition. Cleaning the print head consumes ink, so clean the print head only when necessary.You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paperMake sure that the power is turned on.Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette.Open the paper output tray gently, and open the output tray extension. Important: * If the inner cover is open, close it. Clean the print head.Select Setup on the HOME screen.The setup menu screen will appear.Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.The Maintenance screen will appear. Select Cleaning, then press the OK button.The confirmation screen will appear. Select Yes, then press the OK button.The machine starts cleaning the print head.Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 minute.The pattern print confirmation screen will appear. Select Yes, then press the OK button.The nozzle check pattern will be printed. Examine the nozzle check pattern.[ Examine the nozzle check pattern ] Reference:* Press the HOME button to exit Setup and display the HOME screen.* If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the print head twice, clean the print head deeply. [ Deep clean the print head ] Deep Cleaning the Print HeadIf print quality does not improve by the standard cleaning of the print head, clean the print head deeply. Cleaning the print head deeply consumes more ink than the standard cleaning of the print head, so clean the print head deeply only when necessary.You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paperMake sure that the power is turned on. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette. Open the paper output tray gently, and open the output tray extension. Important:* If the inner cover is open, close it. Clean the print head deeply.Select Setup on the HOME screen.The setup menu screen will appear. Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.The Maintenance screen will appear. Select Deep cleaning, then press the OK button.The confirmation screen will appear. Select Yes, then press the OK button.The machine starts cleaning the print head deeply.Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the deep cleaning of the print head. This takes about 2 to 3 minutes.The pattern print confirmation screen will appear. Select Yes, then press the OK button.The nozzle check pattern will be printed. When the completion message appears, press the OK button.The screen will return to the Maintenance screen. Examine the nozzle check pattern.[ Examine the nozzle check pattern. ]If a particular color is not printed properly, replace the ink tank of that color.If the problem is not resolved, turn off the power and clean the print head deeply again after 24 hours.If the problem is still not resolved, the print head may be damaged. Contact the service center.Note:* Press the HOME button to exit Setup and display the HOME screen.The Link: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART114146.