Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

My konica minolta bizhub c6000 is printing parallel "stripes"

Customer Question

My konica minolta bizhub c6000 is printing parallel "stripes" when I print solid colors
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What color are the stripes? all and any colors?Or is it that the stripes are missing colors in the midst of solid colored areas? I haven't heard of a problem quite like that, so I want to be sure of the details before saying what to do or what could be causing it. (But it sounds vaguely like a problem with a scanner, where a memory error caused parallel lines all over the scanned images. If this is a memory error, it is best treated by turning the machine Off and then unplugging it for at least 1 hour, to let it cool off and reset thoroughly.) If you could post an scanned image of the problem, that would be very helpful.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.This isn't an issue with the scanner - I don't have a scan function on this digital press. The lines run parallel to the length of the page. I have left my office, so I can't send an image. I will send an image tomorrow if I haven't gotten the issue resolved. I haven't used this website before, so I don't want to be charged for this answer yet. How does that work?
It's good to get a reply so soon.I think it's fine if you don't get charged for the answer yet, but I have no power over charges, + or - and it is in other hands than mine.The lines are 'missing ink' or missing toner, is that right? or are they solid 'added ink' lines?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Solid darker lines of the same color I'm trying to print. In some instances, there are multiple colored stripes within the black print (almost rainbow looking). This doesn't happen with pinks and teals. Just blacks and navy. The lines don't appear where the paper is white - just where the black or navy should be solid.
Did the problem set in suddenly, or after a period of disuse, or after a lightning and/or thunder-storm ? or after a move, perhaps?This sort of thing (vaguely - I haven't seen what it looks like yet) can sometimes be caused by a defective high voltage power supply, where the voltage ripples and causes the laser beam to be more intense intermittently ... when it is On at all... which could cause something like this effect. But as I said, I haven't seen what it looks like yet.I await with interest the image you may send tomorrow.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This began occurring after using the printer more than I normally do, but nothing beyond its capabilities. Photos are attached to show the issue. Notice the stripes running up and down the dark printed areas.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I figured it out. The coronas needed to be cleaned. Thanks, anyway.
At least I didn't give you a certain, and wrong, pronouncement upon the problem until I had seen what it looked like. (I was slightly misled by the 'stripes' description - I would have said the problem was 'shading in the dark areas, running along the length of the page'.) I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Thank you for consulting