John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a 6525 HP Photosmar

Customer Question

I have a 6525 HP Photosmart printer. Halfway through printing a document, the printing became illegible and faint, so I inserted another HP black ink cartridge. Now the printer does not work at all for black. The color inks do print.
I tried cleaning the copper contacts and the screen - as detailed in some on-line tutorials - all to no avail. I do notice that many people have had trouble with his same problem - and I tried their solutions - also with no success.
How do I get my HP printer to work for black printing??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. How old is the printer? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty? How exactly did you clean it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hot water paper with paper
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
paper towel
How old is the printer? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Have you tried using the built in cleaning yet? How old is the printer? If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
PLEASE CANCEL HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO