John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I repair or re-install a failed printhead HP

Customer Question

how do I repair or re-install a failed printhead for an HP 6700
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your hp printers printhead.How old is the printer and what have you tried so far to get it fixed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
purchased new in 2014. I have received an error message - missing or failed printhead. Ink system failure. I have shut off printer and turned back on. I have taken out plug and waited one minute before re-inserting plug. I have replaced some of the ink cartridges.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Michelle; Are you still there? Can this problem be fixed or do I nee to buy a new printer?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
I am there.Try removing the cartridges and then remote the print head,Check for any packaging material attached to the printer head and the contact points
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Michelle; How do I remove the priinthead?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The printer has been working without a problem since I purchased it. Is there dust collected in the printhead that is causing it to fail or not identified by the printer software?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
I do not suggest our customer to change print heads as it requires a technician to do with proper tool and experience.If you are keen in replacing it your self i can give you a video link which you can watch and follow the steps.. You do this at you own risk otherwise i would suggest a printer technican should do the job.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Have you tried print head cleaning steps before you opted for a new print head?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, what are the print head cleaning steps?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
so you have not tried the print head steps earlier correct?I will give you the step now. Try them and then we can decide upon the outcome.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Click on this link and follow the steps from steps 3 onwardshttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02899429