Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am using an EPSON WF 3620 printer which stopped working in

Customer Question

I am using an EPSON WF 3620 printer which stopped working in the middle of printing a document. The set turned off and I had to remove the back plate so that I could retrieve the paper which was stuck in the tray. The printer will not turn on in spite of my checking the power cord and all other power supply cord. Could you please assist me with this problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Lets try this, open the machine.. Remove all ink cartridges, then unplug the machine from power completely. Then, press and hold the power button for one minute.. Dont plug the power cord back in yet.. Instead, inspect the area inside the machine for any debris or paper jams.. Let the machine sit unplugged for about 15 minutes. Then, plug the machine back into power while holding down the power button.. Does it show any signs of life? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have unplugged the machine and removed the 4 ink cartridges, held the power button for one minute and I am now waiting for the 5 minutes to plug the machine while holding the power button down. I will advise as to the results of the procedure.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
excellent, Ill be here~ And good luck! D.S
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The procedure DID NOT WORK!!!!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THE MACHINE SHOWS NO SIGN OF LIFE!!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
No blinking power lights, alarm lights, nothing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I AM UNABLE TO READ YOUR TEXTS FROM MY PHONE. PLEASE USE THE COMPUTER INSTEAD
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
You can view my messages on either your phone, or your computer. They should go to your email regardless~ As far as the printer, when you say no signs of life.. When you press the power button you dont see any blinking power lights, alarm lights, nothing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO SIR
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?? WHEN YOU MENTION $26, IS THIS ADDITIONAL TO THE PREVIOUS $23?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thats unfortunate.. Since it quit in the middle of a document and now has no signs of power or life. Whats happened is the logic board has died.. You may be able to pester it back to life by unplugging it and plugging it back in repetitively and pressing power to turn it on each time.. every now and then Ive seen one come back to life that way, but its not a high probability. The logic board, if you can find one usually runs around 80-100$ b rand new.. Being that the printer is currently on sale at half price.. http://amzn.to/1WE31E4 Its more economical to buy the printer new with a warranty, rather then purchase the logic board. If you have a lot of extra ink for this printer, you may want to consider replacing it with the same model. Other then that, Im afraid theres not much we can do. I hope your able to bring it back to life with multiple repetitive unplugs and power on attempts. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
THANK YOU... I WILL HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE THEN.