Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an OKI C5150 printer. I am getting a series of black

Customer Question

I have an OKI C5150 printer. I am getting a series of black dots/smugges down the middle of each page I print. I have tried several different black cartridges and have the same issue. Any ideas of what the problem may be?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jim and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, if the issue is commonly exhibited with different ink cartridges, then the most likely fault would be with any of the rollers.Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to check/clean these rollers along the paper path particularly those that are at the middle of the page width.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is not the expertise I was expecting. You have provided a very basic answer and have shown no real knowledge or the printer that I was asking about. Unless you have some more detailed information about this problem I will have to ask to have my fee refunded.
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
As posted above, this is but a preliminary try and as likewise prescribed by the Service Manual.Perhaps more particularly, please click HERE for cleaning the feed roller. This would then serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.