Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

My name is ***** *****. I have an alficio 240W which needs

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have an alficio 240W which needs to be splt to get it up a flight of stairs. I have coinsulted the manuals and successfully dissonnected the wiring looms. But what is now stopping the mainframe separating from the paper feed unit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Apologies for the typos.... it has been a long day . Incidentally I have yet to find service or parts manuals for the paper feed 240B
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Do you have the actual service manual, which shows the complete disassembly and tear-down of the machine including how to replace any and all parts? if you dont have that manual, you can purchase it for 5$ and this is an invaluable tool. And will definitely help you finish splitting the machine.. You can get the manual here. http://copynews.net/ricoh-aficio-240w-printer-service-repair-manual.html I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have accessed the manual to which you refer on line for free. Whilst the diagramms are very comprehensive about the mainframe itsel there is no detail as how the mainframe is fixed to the paper feed.You have not answered the question and you merely referred me to a reference I already told you I had consulted and which you presumably have not consulted.Here's the question again. How does the paper feed connect to the mainframe unit and what procedure needs to be followed to separate the two parts of the machine?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I dont have the manual myself, and couldnt find it on any of the free sites. Without the manual to reference, Ill have to opt out and defer to one of our other technicians. You will be notified by email when they respond to you. Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What version of mac osx are you using on your machine, you can check as follows Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dustin you've mistakenly sent your answer on Mac osx to your previous client .. John
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your machine. Which tray specifically are you asking about? There should be more than one.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Freddy
I do not require advice on trays. I have a large format Aficio 240W which does disassamble into the mainframe and the paper feed base unit. Having consulted the parts and service manuals on line we have disconnected the wiring looms and now I need to know how to separate one from the other.I don't wish to securely connect.