Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

HP Photosmart C7250 just installed new ink cartridges and am

Customer Question

HP Photosmart C7250 just installed new ink cartridges and am getting message "ink system failure:error0xc18a0206
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. We may be able to clear or reset that error.. First things first, make sure none of your ink catridges are low or out of ink.. Then, follow the next steps carefully. Try holding down the ok -- cancel -- black -- color buttons with 4 fingers while at the same time powering the unit off. Keep them held down till it is off. Then turn it back on normally & it should try to do "Maintenance" & you hear a whirling noise --- that is the ink pump spinning to try & pump in ink to the print head. Once it completes, hopefully the error will be gone and you can continue using the machine. if you get stuck or run into any issues completing these steps, let me know. And whether this works or not please send a reply, thank you! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
tried that three times and it is still the same
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Lets try an alternate repair. press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both.Then enter '123' to enter maintenance mode. Press the right arrow (beside the OK button) until System Config. menu appears on the panel.Then press OK two times to clear the error condition, then press cancel two or three times to return to the top menu Is the error clear now? If so, try to print. let me know t he outcome when you can~ Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
still not working
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
My apologies.. This isnt something I can fix by remote assistance.. As I cant physically make any changes on the printer over the internet. Question.. After you hit 1 2 3 on the printer.. what exactly did you see on screen?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its now telling me to replace ink cartriges.I have just installed new ones today.this printer hasn't been used for awhile could this be a problem?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
lets go ahead and remove all the ink catrridges.. Then, unplug the printer from power completely... Then, turn it back on.. Let it power up.. When it asks, insert the ink catridges one by one. After you insert them all again.. What error do you get?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
replace green and red cartridges
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
And green and red were brand new cartridges? Did this innk system error start before or after you replaced the ink tanks?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had not used the printer for some time,so it would be after
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes the tanks were a new set
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
What has probably happened, is that the ink has dried inside the printhead, causing the ink system failure. Ive been able to find a replacement printhead, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Printhead-For-HP-photosmart-C6180-C7280-C8180-for-HP-printer-use-HP-02-ink-/301917545340?hash=item464bb0237c:g:qa0AAOSwgApXAHLd But I cant find the steps to replace it as of yet.. Ill keep looking. D.S
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thak you
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
This is for a very similar model http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02945355 Your printhead also has a latch, and should remove in a very similar fashion.. The cost to replace the printhead is 30$, compared to the cost of replacing the printer at or around 150$ for a similar model http://amzn.to/1S731um If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you read my answer.. Did you still need help? I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.