John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Why will my Canon

Customer Question

why will my Canon imageclass MF624cw not print a full size image on letter size paper
Category: Printers
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Hello! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your printer. I'll help you out. It would be easiest if we could do a remote session so I can check settings.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not interested in remote assistance, sorry. The printer is a month old and still under warranty, I can call them tomorrow for free. I was just hoping for a cheap quick fix tonight.
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
Sure thing, I'll submit this for a refund. It is likely a setting you have.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We reset all the settings to a standard paper size on both the printer and the print program on the pc. to the way they were before we printed the envelope yet it still only prints as if we were requesting the envelope size.
when trying to print a full 11x8.5 sheet, the print does print but only in the area the envelope would cover in the center as if it is embedded in the center of the 11x8.5 letter size paper. The graphic is blank around the center print area as it cuts off the area outside the envelope size. it isn't shrinking the graphic to fit envelope size.it appears the printer is just not registering the change in the new settings.Thanks for your understanding!
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
I understand. I can try and walk you through some steps if you don't want to do the remote assistance. Can you confirm you have the Canon software installed on your computer? https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/color-laser/mf624cw > drivers and downloads sections.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I spoke with Canon customer service today and the problem was not a setting issue, the printer has malfunctioned and need to go in for repair. Nothing I can do from my end will fix it.
Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Asriel replied 7 months ago.
No problem. I'll get this to our customer service team for a refund.