Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I was printing on my canon IPF 610 today and up came error

Customer Question

i was printing on my canon IPF 610 today and up came error E161-403E on my printer screen -first time this has happen to me since i Owned the printer and i am the sole user of the printer .i Had a maintence cartridge ready to replace when i recieve a message to replace it -I did not but replaced anyway after i got the error message but replacing it did not remove error messasge or return mt printer to me?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (abnormal head temperature) (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2009 model printer, it is well past its service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $750; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $1500. For about the same price as repairs, you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which may more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan