Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Was the brother Quattro 6000d the predecessor to the current

Customer Question

Was the brother Quattro 6000d the predecessor to the current dream machine? What year was it manufactured? I would like an embroidery machine with a lot of options but don't feel I can afford one Of the new dream machines. I am considering a used 6000d. Is that a good idea or should I try for the current 5100, a step down from the dream machine where lessons would be included.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The Brother Quattro NV6000D is rated (actually, see the pages below) higher than the Brother DreamCreator XE VM5100, by a trifling amount. It is no contemptible machine, at all. I think you would not be held back nor hobbled by getting a 6000D. And learning to use it well, and using it well. References: If you need further information or advice, let me know, please.