Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When i try to print, my epson xp810 printer comes up and says

Customer Question

When i try to print, my epson xp810 printer comes up and says - a printer's ink pad is at the end of its service life - - I won't function at all. I cleaned the ink area well. then I tried many places on the internet to find how to remove the block, and use the printer, but I couldn't find anything meaninfulle to remove the block on the printer to allow the printer to function.
Can you tell me what to do ? ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What you need to do is reset the waste ink counter to get rid of that error. You can try using this free utility, but you may have to use a paid version if this one wont let you reset the error via the resetter menu inside the program, once you have it installed. Heres the free program. http://www.pcworld.com/product/952302/ssc-service-utility-for-epson-printers.html Otherwise, youll have to pay about 8$ to purchase the WIC utility to reset the waste ink counter. To see if this utility works, id suggest the free trial key they offer, which will reset the counter to 90% and allow you to print for a short while. http://printerkeys.com/resetting-epson-xp-810-waste-ink-pad-counter.html If it works ( and it should ) consider buying the key so you can do the full reset down to 0%.. And that should last you roughly about as long as you have already had the machine.. If you have any further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The system never alerted me to your remote assistance request. Did you still need help with this issue? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I havent heard back from you since the 17th when you viewed my answer. Did you still need help with this issue? Thank you for your response. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.