Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have recently purchased a WF 7620

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a WF 7620, I am trying in install onto my computer. I am having problems getting it past the faxing stage, as I don't have a phone land line and I don't have any need for a fax.
Can you please tell me how to get past this stage so that I can continue installing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you turn off the printer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then what does it show on the printer's screen now?Also, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's just showing the icon's for copy, scan, fax & presets on the top line
Memory device, Contacts, Epson Connect, Eco mode & Setup on the bot***** *****ne
I have Windows 8
That's fine. Now, can you install the printer's cd/dvd disk on the computer, then let me know what happens. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have followed all the prompts up to the connecting the phone line. I don't have a land line phone only a mobile, however I have the NBN as my network and I have a line coming in through it. I have connected the printer to the NBN using the DSL plug, it is now frozen and not progressing, all it is saying is that Navi WF- 7260 series (not responding)
Is it frozen on the computer's screen?Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes! I can copy from the printer
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have my own IT person, who I can speak to tomorrow Monday, I'm sorry! but I don't like giving access to people or companies, I don't know.
I'm sorry, we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/However, per your request, can I continue providing you written instructions?Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your help, I will leave this for now and speak to my guy tomorrow. I thought I was contacting a Epson Support technician, not a private company
I'm sorry; I'm an independent computer tech. OK, you can always get back to me as needed. If you'd like to, you can download and install latest printer's driver / software at the Epson website below (instead of using the printer's CD disk) :https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=233680&infoType=Downloads- Also, if you have any other computer question / issue, I can always help. Thank you.