Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a Epson WF-3640 printer which I just purchased and the

Customer Question

I have a Epson WF-3640 printer which I just purchased and the print quality for my pictures doesn't show the full vibrant range of colors when printed. I am using a premium brilliant gloss photo paper and I get a message that there is a mismatch between the computer and the printer on the paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
windows i
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
windows 8
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. what we need to do is go into your printing preferences, and select the media /paper type that matches the exact type of paper you are using. Right under where you select the paper type in windows, you want to put the quality on the h ighest setting. This page will show you where to access those two settings, to make the needed changes. https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368/source/printers/source/printing_software/windows_fy13/tasks/selecting_basic_windows_bus_fy14.html Once you have made those changes so the computer has the correct paper type set, and set to high quality.. You should notice an improvement in your printed pictures.. Let me know if you have any further questions. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I havent heard back from you since you read my reply. Did you still need help? Is everything working now? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.