John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Hours my husband and I have been trying to install our

Customer Question

For 6 hours my husband and I have been trying to install our new Canon MG3620 and it tells us: printer is in error state, Active Domain Directory not available, printer cannot be found, no driver found, change security settings (but not how to do that). We are ready
to return the printer or connect it to USB cable. We're very frustrated and think the directions are meant only for techies. We have followed all the directions that we can
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac. If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows. Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.