John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My unit stopped working in the middle of pintting. Ichanged

Customer Question

my unit stopped working in the middle of pintting. Ichanged the cartriges and then nothing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Try turning Off the printer. Unplug it from the power, and also from the computer.Check the printer's queue, on the computer, and clear all print jobs out of it. Then restart the computer, while the printer remains unplugged.Once the computer is restarted and logged in again, restore power to the printer. Try connecting it to the printer. Then send it a conservative, small, basic print job (e.g. from Notepad, or from TextEdit if you're on an Apple computer.) Let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did not work
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) What is the maker and model # ***** your printer?How old is the printer?What computer, Windows vs. Apple, is it hooked up to print from, please?