John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Artisan 730 My I-MAC picked up a big bug and had to go in

Customer Question

Artisan 730 My I-MAC picked up a big bug and had to go in for repair. I got it back and I need to reload my printer CD However it is asking my user name and password. I have been through all my user names and passwords with no results. I Cannot get into the installation CD can you assist me. Anything thing at all Please. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  databank876 replied 6 months ago.
Hello Daniel.Sorry to hear about your problem. I would like to know: Were you asked to enter a a user name and password ***** first time you installed the printer?
The reason I ask is because installation CDs do not usually ask for a user name and password. The only thing that would cause that to happen is if you are not logged into your computer as an administrator. Are logged in as an administrator?