Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Purchasaed a brother QL-701W erroe message says "the media

Customer Question

Purchasaed a brother QL-701W
erroe message says "the media installed does n ot match the one selected in the application"
I do not know what this means or how to fix it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That means, essentially, that the blank stock or blank labels put in the printer is sensed as not matching what you have specified in the settings of the program on the computer, that you are trying to print labels from.Possibly the dimensions don't match (e.g. width), but most probably the mismatch is gross, e.g. if your application is trying to print to 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch paper! Let me know if you need further help with this. If this answers the question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok now it state communication error between PC and brother QL?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)Try restarting the computer. While it is restarting, turn Off the printer for a minute or two. Once the computer is restarted, turn On the printer also.(Be sure the application you are printing to the label printer from, is one designed for this Brother label printer.)