John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Toshiba p755 wn7 loaded old disc and will not

Customer Question

toshiba p755 wn7 loaded old disc for hp3390pcl6 and will not print it will show print in queu although i have old toshiba xp a45s151 that it will print just fine have a router for both and internet etc need a solution and am not tech savvy please help it trie to print but will not apparently communicate the klic /command my email is jamesn1942a2gmail.com and my ph number is(###) ###-####
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the router with an Ethernet/network cable or with a USB cable?Do you know the IP address of the printer?When you install the printer's CD disk, did it ask for network connection? If yes, does it detect the network printer or not?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where do i find the ip address on or for the printer i have documents from the purchase and it just shows model and serial numbers
On the control panel, press Menu.Use the < or the > button to select Reports, and then press Checkmark.Use the < or the > button to select Network report, and then press Checkmark.When you install the printer's CD disk, did it ask for network connection? If yes, does it detect the network printer or not?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help you directly?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no to remote i am looking for ip address now
With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I would do all the troubleshooting steps directly for you. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.OK, please check the IP address.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
sorry I just wasted $33 for nothing and the test report just shows configuring and does not provide the number to print or read via my Toshiba xp system
We guarantee our service, so don't worry. We have not tried anything yet, we are just printing the test report; this is only the first step. What does it show on the report?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hardware address 00:14:38:d1:2e:72 & IP Address Configuring + Host name: NPID12E72 that is all I received on report under Product Settings on report print out
Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.How is the printer connected to the computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
router
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
wireless or ethernet?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no to remote... and what do you mean by ethernet vs wireless? I believe it is wireless via the router. We have a Cisco Lynksys E2500 I am not sure if the original hook up to my Toshiba XP The HP 3390 was and is still connected through my phone line which is now Century link.
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Secure remote assistance is an additional service, however if you do not want to opt for not problem we can continue the chat.You will have to tell me do you know the router security password, the password ***** be required to connect the printer to the wifi network.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
If you do not know the password ***** the router how can we connect the printer to the wifi network?
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
I can search for the router password ***** you if you opt for a remote assistance however there will be an additional charger for the service.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Michelle, The answer is no for the 2nd time
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
If you do not have the router password ***** cannot connect the printer back to its wifi network in that case you will have to install the printer on a usb cable directly to the computer to print.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have Router password
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
Alright then its good. I will give you a link to download the latest driver software for the printer. Download and install the software and when you select the wifi during the installation you may enter the router password ***** prompted.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK Good i will look for it shortly
Thanks
Expert:  Michelle replied 7 months ago.
You may click on the link below and select the full featured driver software to download and then install it. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=1140613