John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson XP410 I just replaced the black cartridge and need to

Customer Question

Epson XP410 I just replaced the black cartridge and need to print black and white. the printer tells me it is also out of Y. And it won't print, I am getting slow, empty pages. what do I need to do to get it going again>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. To start, you must have all cartridges installed and have ink in them, even if you only need to print black, the printer will not function if other colors are empty, as it will cause damage to the printhead.Please replace the Y cartridge, and let me know if you can print at that point. If not, there are some other maintenance steps to go through.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?