Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Canon MG5620 goes through the motions to initiate scanning

Customer Question

My Canon MG5620 goes through the motions to initiate scanning a document to my Imac but can't seem to finish the process. The display screen says Doc. type, then Auto Scan and when one pushes the black diamond, nothing. I use a usb connection
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: that's about it that I can think of readily.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. If you open the image capture app on your mac, and then try to initiate the scan from your mac, instead of trying to initiate the scan from the canon printer. Can the image capture application on your mac successfully scan? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.