Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My 9600 will not print on canvas. It thinks it's printing,

Customer Question

my 9600 will not print on canvas. It thinks it's printing, but the head just moves back and forth, no ink is delivered. I haven't tried to print on regular photo paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please try a print on paper, so we can help to further isolate the source of the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same problem with glossy photo paper. Also I tried printing a test print yesterday with the same results...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The test print was on regular printer/copier paper
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't connect with printer, it's in a different area of the house from my internet connection...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using one computer to talk to you, and another to connect with the printer. I have been using canvas for years with no problems, now when there's a deadline involved....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I missing your responses? Are we still connected? Should I try again from the beginning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going now... Sorry we couldn't get together.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.I"m sorry I missed you, when you send multiple messages they all get lost in the queue and I get none of them timely.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Same problem on paper indicates, as suspected, that this is a hardware issue.You either have a clogged/contaminated printhead, or a faulty printhead or logic board.Go into the system maintenance menu and run the head clean (nozzle clean) function, up to 5 times total.Failing that we'd need to try a manual clean, and failing that we'd need to replace the head.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this, Jim?