Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My 9800 is displaying "service call error(###) ###-####" JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My 9800 is displaying "service call error(###) ###-####"
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: There's plenty of ink in all of the cartridges and the maintenance tanks are plenty good.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, it is not working. what's next?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard then that has faulted. This now confirms it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help. I guess that will be all. How much has this cost me?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
I cannot see the cost here, but it is only the initial deposit, nothing further then this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, good by
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
If you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am creditedThank you