Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

All I want to do is print my resume about 19 times and im sure

Customer Question

all I want to do is print my resume about 19 times and im sure I will get a job
but icant make the dang hp notebook and my fancy wireless wp photosmart 7525 and of course I cant remember my registration stuff or my passwords...UGH HELP ME PLEASE
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there and welcome MariaI a sorry to hear about the issueWhat exactly happens when you try to print?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we get to the screen where I pic a printer and then it says put in your registration blah blah and then it ask for the PIN which I have several from trying this earlier in the day
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to print at all to the Printer? and which version of windows are you using? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
windows 8 no I haven't been able to make my lap top and print since I moved here
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Are you connecting to the printer via a USB cable or wireless?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
26 plus what I already paid?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
yes, but it is optional else we continue here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
im not connected by any cables.... using the wi fi if I can get the right PIN in
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok, so what you need to do is connect it to your wifi network as this is what it is requesting.What is the make and model of your wifi router?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the wifi monitor is over cross the room hooked up by the tv so do I need to take the computer closer to the monitor
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
No, I need to know the make and model of your Wifi router please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is the new routier I got from xfinity last month I think
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, please check the router and tell me the make and model of it
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok goingn to look for make and modelnetwork: XFSETUP-476E
pswd: bright5156charm
SN FBUBUT7AF953105
CM MAC 3C7ABA46476E
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
When it asks you for the pin, enter inbright5156charmIs this accepted?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no it emails me a new pin each time I try to get in
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok, this is not then the printer. What exactly are you doing? Explain the steps exactly as you take them please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
bringing up notebook - printing my resume - then it will not let me print because of registration? or not knowing the correct pin
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Registration of what? What exactly is asking you to register?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I htinkn it wants me to resister my new hp printer that I got last Christmas and have hardey used
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
No, thats not needed, as you can close that and no pin is needed.Can you take a photo please of what you see on the screen
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IM tired and I don't have no money to pay you any more tonight... if I can figure it outin the am I mght have to hit you back or try to find a cable with usb
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, but it is not the printer thats requiring the registration, as you can just close it and print.Possibly your referring to word?