Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an error 6000 on my mx882 printer. Checked rear feed

Customer Question

I have an error 6000 on my mx882 printer. Checked rear feed and inside and no misc. items that I can see to remove. Cannot get printer to clear.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I was printing just find and suddenly the printing stopped in the middle of a page. I pulled out the paper, and removed the paper in the rear tray (one had started feeding). Turned off as instructed on printer, turned back on same problem. Inspection shows nothing. When I open the front, the ink slider will not move to center.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. It may be that you have a carriage area jam, or that a very small piece of paper, paperclip, staple, hair tie, or something else has become lodged in your paper feed rollers. I suggest you follow the steps below, and try your best to locate anything that might be obstructing the carriage or rollers.. And remember when in doubt, dont be afraid to turn the printer upside down and shake it, as that will sometimes allow the debris to be jarred loose so you can reach it. Most of the time it is the result of a small bit of paper still jammed in the feed rollers,..or someone dropped something in the paper path,...like a paper clip or staple, Open the cover and when the head /carriage moves to the center quickly unplug the power cord. When you unplug it, it will stop the carriage in the center or the position it was when you unplugged it. Now you can move the carriage to the far left by hand and examine the paper path with a flashlight. . Remove the rear door and use a flashlight to examine every part you can see. Use the light to examine the purge unit area looking for a jam. Move the carriage to the far right and use the light to look at the timing disk inside the cover on the far left.<a style="" data-cke-saved-href="http://skimlinks.pgpartner.com/mrdr.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fskimlinks.pgpartner.com%2Fsearch.php%2Fform_keyword%3Drubber%2Bband" href="http://skimlinks.pgpartner.com/mrdr.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fskimlinks.pgpartner.com%2Fsearch.php%2Fform_keyword%3Drubber%2Bband" class="skimwords-link" target="_blank" data-skimwords-id="1961822" data-skimlinks-editor="0" data-skimwords-word="rubber%20band" data-group-id="0" data-skim-creative="300003" data-skim-product="1961822" title="Shopping Link Added by SkimWords" data-skim-node-id="851:Samatian,...Thisisa" _1"=""> Most likely, your going to find some debris, paper, something thats causing this error. Once removed and you unplug the machine and plug it back in, the error should be gone and you should be able to print. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.