John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My hp printer pro 8600 JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

my hp printer pro 8600
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: alignment was unsuccessful
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the specific problem you're having with the printer? Any error code/number?If you try to make a copy from the glass, what happens?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hp officejet pro 8600
alignment unsuccessful after several attempts
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Is it printing out an alignment page?Is it prompting for alignment on its own, or did you initiate it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i intiated it after installing ink cartidges
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Was there a print quality problem after the cartridges were installed?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i installed new ones due to low ink
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Okay, if you are not having a problem with the print quality (text coming out crooked, colors blurred, etc) then the alignment step is unnecessary, the printer will detect if it does not need to be done and won't process it, because inadvertent changes to the alignment will do more harm than good.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
If you press the stop/cancel button, it should allow you to by pass the failed alignment and proceed to test a print/copy, can you do that and let me know the results?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Do you need help with this?