Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp

Error light, paper jam but no jam JA: Sometimes printer issues

Customer Question

Error light, paper jam but no jam
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: that's it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Paper Jam
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: No jam
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Canon Image Class D1170. When I power on, Red Error Light. Screen display Paper Jam Lift Panel to open. No Jam/No Paper
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
There is a process you can go through to makes sure there is nothing causing the error - like something blocking a sensor or obstructing the paper path. I have an article on it at the following page, but if you still have questions, just let me know.