Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Printer name, Epson0003bd, I am getting error code oxf1, what

Customer Question

Printer name, Epson0003bd, I am getting error code oxf1, what should i do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 11 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Error 0xF1 is FATAL and it indicates that print head not being able to completely pass from the left to right side during startup. If anything is causing the print head to not travel completely from left to right during startup, this will cause the error code. Open the Printer cover and see if any plastic covers or tapes or paper pieces there obstructing the free movement of head. If so, remove them. Use a flash light to check inside the printer. Also, look for paper jams Also take out the cartridge/head and put it back and check then. Turn off the printer, open the cover and gently push the head manually to left/right if it can't move freely. Don't push with excess force or it will break. This is a mechanical problem not software glitch. If you don't find any plastics or other materials inside that is obstructing the head movement and if it still not working, then it is a hardware defect. You need to take the machine to the technician to get it physically checked. If the printer is under warranty, then you can send it back to Epson and they will replace the parts or machine with new one. I know this might not be the answer you want to hear and you are looking for a solution, but in this case I can only give you the reason of the problem and possible solution which will not work if this is mechanical fault. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.