Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have the canon mp6208 printer. All the ink cartridges are

Customer Question

I have the canon mp6208 printer. All the ink cartridges are full. If I attempt to print something no ink appears on the paper. We have another printer in the house as well both are doing the same thing. Help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If both printers were disused, with power turned Off and/or unplugged, for a period of time of about 7 to 10 days or longer, then this is perfectly explicable. If both printers are printing from the same computer, though, you might have a software problem.Is the one computer (if there is only one) a Windows PC, or an Apple computer ? (my advice must differ in some details for one as opposed to the other.) The first, basic, thing to try is a self-test print, known as a Nozzle Check. It is generated directly from the printer, does not involve the computer, and so eliminates the computer as a cause of any problem detected.On the printer, go toSettings, then press OK.Then to Maintenance, and press OK.Then select Nozzle Check Pattern, and press OK. On this model, after the Nozzle Check is printed, you can order a Head Cleaning. Given that the black is still missing, this is the right thing to do. In fact one or two or three head cleanings might be right... and if, after three, the black starts to show up again in the nozzle check pattern page, then further head cleanings until the black pattern has quite recovered, is the right thing to do. (If your case is other than the above, let me know the exact differences, and I will advise you appropriately.) If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.