littlerusty2005, Technician
Experience:  Printer expert

Have an Epson WF-3520. I am trying to scan first time

Customer Question

Have an Epson WF-3520. I am trying to scan for the first time and I have it connected to Wi Fi and I have also connected it to USB. It still says when I press start scan that the printer/scanner and PC are not connected. WHAT CAN I DO? IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS THAT I NEED TO SEND?
Category: Printers
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. The printer and scanner use two different drivers. You will need to install the scanner driver to get it to work. Click here. Choose your operating system, install that driver, and you should be able to scan.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All drivers are installed according to their service dept. So answer not correct.
Ok, sometimes the drivers can become corrupt. I need you to uninstall the driver in your control panel, and then re-load the driver from the website. The driver is what takes the digital information from the printer and allows your computer to speak the same language. When that part isn't right, that's where you see the problems.