John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

My Office Jet 3830 will print with 1/8 inch left and right

Customer Question

My Office Jet 3830 will print with 1/8 inch left and right margins.
It will only copy with 1/8 inch left margin and 1 1/4 inch right margin. The remaining text is blank (not copied) to the 1/8 inch.
How do I adjust the copy margins so all of the document is copied?
I am 78 years old and have limitrd computer knowledge. Please make your help very very basic.
Second question: how can I get a printer manual which would answer the first Question?
Thanks for your time.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 6 months ago.
First of all, I would like to know, if you are able to print from your PC , perfectly or not ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
YES. I am able to print the entire document to 1/8 inch margins on both sides - left and right. When I place the printed document in the copier, the copy comes out with a 1/8 inch left margin and a 1 1/4 inch right margin blanking out the print on the right side.
OK, if the original is short then the copies documents will be short, now let me know if you want to correct the printing problem first ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think I have a printing problem. I can print fine. Only when I copy is when the right margin is cut short to 1 1/4 inch.I thik it wuld be better if I hit the button and secure you to my device. What do you think?
OK, so it means you get the correct margins, when you print from the PC, but it get shroter when you copy the same printed document, right ?