John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I can't get my canon MX922 to connect to the network. The blue

Customer Question

I can't get my canon MX922 to connect to the network. The blue wireless light on the front of the printer is lit, but the computer says it is not detecting a printer on the network, cannot finish the installation.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Went through the set up process for the printer, the printer connected to my network successfully. Downloaded the drivers from cannons site directly and installed them, during the installation when it looks to find the printer on the network it was not found, connected the printer to my pc via usb to set up the network but no luck. I'm using win10 connect wirelessely.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 8 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer? Or new computer? Or was it working fine previously?When you connected the printer to the computer with the USB cable for the setup, did it detect the printer?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.