Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Printer wont print, tried all online suggestion.

Customer Question

***** *****, printer wont print, tried all online suggestion.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hp 6500e709n shows out of paper, but isn't, cleaned rollers, reset printer, acts like its going to print then feed rollers raise up and error message pops up "out of paper'
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the printer won't feed paper in from paper sources or paper trays, most likely the roller surfaces (specif. paper pickup/feed rollers, in the area of the tray(s)) have aged, and become too slippery to feed in paper.(Check first, of course, that paper is present but not too abundant, properly loaded, etc.) If so, then the problem can be fixed by a proper cleaning of the rollers. If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not help. I think the tray rollers are not turning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After more online research I found the gear that drives the gear assembly for the tray rollers is stripped over.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That's a shame. So the rollers aren't turning, and the machine will most likely need to take a trip to a repair shop (for those pickup cog-gear-and-rollers assemblies are not easy to get at and replace.)Unless you would prefer to return it to HP for any one of their numerous incentives to recycle their products. Recycle, return-for-cash, donate, etc. ... HP has many options for an old printer.To see those options, bring up this page, and scroll down a bit:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/environment/product-recycling.html#.VwxgAHrHCJd