Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I purchased a HP Officejet Pro printer 8610 6-7 months ago.

Customer Question

I purchased a HP Officejet Pro printer 8610 6-7 months ago. I have needed to replace the original black ink cartridge, and this worked fine. I had to replace both the original yellow and blue cartridges yesterday. Blue worked fine but the yellow said there was a problem. I tried this several times to be sure I had it working OK, but it still hasn't worked. I had a second yellow replacement cartridge and it would work either, message was the same ie that it was "damaged" or something to that effect. I'm convinced it must be the printer itself, not the cartridge, so what should I do? I have a work office at home and need the printer today.
Please help.
Richard ******* (###) ###-####cell phone
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does the printer just malfunction when replacing the yellow cartridge thereby requiring a call to your customer service department for a $36 answer of unplugging the power source for 10 minutes? That seems really unfair. Curiously I also though of unplugging the power source and rebooting the printer, but not for as long as 10 minutes. I just did several minutes and it still didn't work.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
ok, I am sorry you feel this way Richard, I am only an engineer here. For all payment questions, you will need to speak to customer service.But it is now all working?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Richard?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(1) Yes, the yellow cartridge is working now. Do you have any idea why the black and blue cartridges worked fine the first time and the yellow one didn't?
(2) does HP still feel justified in charging me for the solution you provided?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
1) The firmware had crashed so we needed to do a hard restart which drains the capacitor and reloads the firmware. 2) I cannot speak on anyone's behalf but my own Richard, and that is as an engineer I was asked to resolve your problem and thats what I did.It is My service you are rating, not HP or anything else, I kindly ask please you keep this in mind when doing the rating via the stars at the top if the screen then submit and if you need anything else, please let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much will I be charged for the customer service experience today please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If there's any charge, please forward the telephone number of who I can talk to further about this.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Only the amount you already paid, its a one off fee. you see it as part of the question value
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the amount?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For such a simple, straightforward reboot answer, I would think that would be part of HP's customer service. What is the ciost I'm being charged for this session?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
Again as I explained a few times, speak to customer service if you did not take note of the amount you paid when making the question. You contact them via the main pageRichard, I fixed your problem and I feel it is a very unfair way your treating me once you got your problem fixed. I have told you over and over I have nothing to do with charges.you keep saying I did nothing but a straightforward answer, yet without this answer, your printer would not be working and you would not be able to do the work you indicated initially was critical to do.Its your right to say these things, but I cannot keep telling you the same answer over and over about not seeing anything at all with payments.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is either the third of fourth time I've asked (A) what is the cost for what you provided today and (B) what is the customer service number I should call? It seems like these are pretty easy questions - can you please answer them?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
1-***-***-****